[OutVoice] FLASH '07- It's finally here!

qear1 at comcast.net qear1 at comcast.net
Fri Apr 20 13:29:08 EDT 2007

My Gawd,
I have been working at getting a new recording of FLASH completed since December, when I realized that 2007 would be the 10th anniversary of Princess Diana's passing. While the tribute I released that same year received the highest praise I could imagine, (a BILLBOARD Rock Tracks, Single of the Week review by Larry Flick- right under Pearl Jam's Given To Fly!) it was never distribute and basically died on the vine. This has been my pattern, produce the art, then step away not knowing how to promote it. I had full confidence in the art, My lack of faith was in myself.

So much has happened in the past 10 years. I broke my pelvis in a freak rollerblading accident while recording "The Queer Punk Folder". I was married to my first husband for 4 years (together for 8), bought a house in the suburbs- because that was where we could afford one, then divorced. (The bastard took the dogs, our babies, and has never let me see them since.) I struggled to keep the house on my own. I had a weekend stay on a mentalward. The nurses kept saying, "You don't belong here". They were right. I just got tired of the struggle. Then I met my precious Yogi, the reason I am sure I moved to this little town. We now live together in my former house- now ours, with our dog, Scooby. I am happier than I have been ever in my life.

The music started to flow in me again after I was given the OUTmusic Special Acheivement Award in 2005, celebrating my then 30 years as an out musician. It was the highpoint of my life. Thank you OUTmusic for all you do to support our community.  The reconition was all I needed to start again, refreshed. The photographer on the stage with me that night was my dear friend, Timmy Samuel. He was my drummer on the Queer Punk Folder. He recorded and engineered the original version of FLASH. He also produced our single, "Jon-Henri Damski (Queer Thinker, Queer Thoughts)". And there he was again, documenting the proudest moment of my life. I was so happy to share that moment with him.

Now he has produced an epic masterpiece, "FLASH '07". I stand in awe of the work we have done together. The future is exceptionally bright for the full-length cd we are producing now, "TUNNELVISION". I can't wait to share it with you. I project that it will be ready in the Fall of '07. Until then, enjoy "FLASH '07".

Blessings!
Tim Cain and Boys' Entrance

go to: www.myspace.com/boysentrance

--
"I am resplendent in divergence." - D. Byrne