[OutVoice] Songwriting contest deadline is soon

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Wed Sep 27 13:49:40 CDT 2006

Entries are still being accepted for the Ninth Annual North Carolina
Songwriter's Co-op Song Contest. The deadline is September 30th so don't wait! Any
genre is acceptable and you don't have to be a resident of North Carolina. Send
us two of your best songs along with our application and a small entry fee. You
could win a share of $4000 in prizes including a duplication package from
Oasis CD, a year’s membership from TAXI, strings from GHS, cash, future gigs,
magazine subscriptions, memberships at SongU.com and Indie-Music.com, and more.
New this year – enter on line with Sonic Bids. Details at
www.ncsongwriters.org/contest.

Finalists must be available to perform at our finals concert on November 11
at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro, NC. Last year, our eight finalists performed for
a full house.

This year’s judges include Joe Swank (Yep Roc Records, The Zen Pirates), Tess
Mangum Ocaña (ArtsCenter booker), Janet Stolp (former winner), Grayson Currin
(Music Editor, The Independent), plus more to be announced.

"Winning the NC Songwriter's Co-op Song Contest was a much needed affirmation
at just the right time in my life. It was sort of like ammunition against all
those people who said, 'Jeez, the music business is really tough, etc…'  I
could say, 'Look what I did. The NC Songwriter's Co-op has chosen me as the best
songwriter in a place full of great songwriters. People are talking about me,
talking about my show. I can do this.' And I do. " - Jonathan Byrd, 2000
winner

"The people of the North Carolina Songwriter’s Co-op were so welcoming and
nice, it made the whole experience a lot of fun. “ – Sonya Lorelle, 2005 winner

A very special thanks to our fabulous sponsors: Oasis CD, TAXI, Indie-Music.co
m, www.SongU.com, The Music Loft, Sonic Bids, GigLight, Indie Bible,
Intellitouch Tuners, Music Loft, Sonic Bids, Goldhat Music, The Independent,
Nightsound Recording Studio, Tara Labs, Singer&Musician Magazine, Songwriter's Hook
Book, SingOut!, Dirty Linen and GHS Strings.