[OutVoice] QMH for Monday, Oct 23rd, 9pm CST

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Oct 21 10:16:36 CDT 2006

Howdy,
   Here's another one of my extented QMH shows, and it includes two very
candid interviews. First up is Ellen Seeling, Director of the Montclair Women's
Big Band, talking about their debut release, and also her work in the jazz
fusion band Deuce, and even farther back, with the historic band Isis. And, didya
know that was her and her partner Jean Fineberg playing horns on the Sister
Sledge classic "We Are Family"!

And I've long admired the music of Philadelphia singer/songwriter Steve
Cohen. I consider his 1997 album "Silent Too Long" as an essential gay album. He
let me quiz him about his music, including some wonderful unreleased material,
and his reincarnation under a new name for his brand new CD, just released this
month.

Montclair Women’s Big Band – Brownsville Express (2005)
Deuce – Texas Pearl (1986)
Isis – Bobbie & Maria (1975)
Deuce – The Whole Enchilada (1996)
Deuce – Mahalo Kauai (1996)*
Montclair Women’s Big Band – River’s Invitation (2005)
Montclair Women’s Big Band – Caravan (2005)
Steve Cohen – I Want Everything (1997)
Steve Cohen – I Want To Be a Jock (1997)
Steve Cohen – True Love (1997)*
Steve Cohen – Your Kind of Love (2000)
Steve Cohen – Dykes Lumber (2000)
Steve Cohen – Mr Wilson (1995)
Steve Cohen – Recordland (1995)
Steve Cohen – Another Man (1996)*
Steve Cohen – Lesbian (1996)*
Steve Cohen – Tantrum (2003)*
Elton Costello – World Famous (2006)*
Steve Cohen – Silent Too Long (1997)
* = internet show only

The segment can be heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), as the second hour of "Queer
Voices," which is on Monday evenings, 8-10 pm, CST. And the station netcasts,
at http://www.kpft.org/. You can stream or download it anytime at my site,
http://www.queermusicheritage.com/oct2006.html

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm,
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle