[OutVoice] The musical side of Shortbus

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Tue Oct 3 03:13:01 CDT 2006

Hey gang -

Some new music to check out. I really liked the soundtrack to gay
writer/director John Cameron Mitchell's new film SHORTBUS -   including the original
score by Yo La Tengo and songs by Scott Matthew.   Additonally, several of the
film's actors - including Jay Brannan - are actually up and coming
singer/songwriters - and get to have their own songs in the film.

And was that comic drag kind MURRAY HILL I spotted in the film's ensemble -
gayly swinging from a trapeze for a brief moment in the Shortbus sex salon!?!?!

Full Shortbus film review by Robert Urban in MTV/Logo's AfterElton.com
magazine at:
http://afterelton.com/movies/2006/10/shortbus.html