[OutVoice] St. Petersburg, FL: "An icon himself"

thechorusboy at aol.com thechorusboy at aol.com
Sun May 28 02:37:16 CDT 2006

Watermark
Florida's Distinctive Gay and Lesbian Publication

ST.  PETERSBURG

AN ICON HIMSELF

ICONS: LESBIAN AND GAY HISTORY OF THE WORLD, VOLUMES I AND II

The fascinating Jade Esteban Estrada has performed his two shows on college campuses, GLBT community centers and smaller theatres throughout the U.S. for several years – and brings his two-parter to the Suncoast Theatre from May 26 to June 4. In ICONS 1, theatre-goers will meet Sappho, Michelangelo Oscar Wilde, Gertrude Stein, Sylvia Rivera and Ellen DeGeneres; in the second part, Alexander the Great, Queen Christina of Sweden, Susan B. Anthony, Billie Jean King, Harvey Milk and Mark Bingham take the stage. Tickets are $16 in advance, $18 at the door. Call (727) 456-0500 for details. St. Petersburg.

www.GetJaded.com

"Without a doubt, the best entertainment dollars I spent this year went to ICONS: The Lesbian and Gay History of the World, Vol. 1 with Jade Esteban Estrada..."

Dewey Davis-Thompson
TAMPA BAY GAZETTE