[OutVoice] QMH for Monday, June 26, 9pm CST...lots of historic Gay Pride songs..and...

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun Jun 25 09:18:13 CDT 2006

Hello, Ousters,
    Time to announce my June Queer Music Heritage show, airing this Monday.
It's another one of my "Songs I've Been Meaning To Play" shows, so it covers
the waterfront of queerdom, and it includes some historic gay pride songs I bet
you've never heard. And....ta ta....it also includes...get this...a 100
year-old queer song! And per usual, I got carried away, and the internet version
ended up being over two hours...:)

Playlist:

Billie Burke Estate – Gay (2005)
Larry Havluck – Must’ve Been Drunk (1985)
Ron Romanovsky – The Sanctity of Marriage (2006)
Ron Romanovsky – Don’t Use Your Penis For a Brain (2006)*
International Gay Society – Stand Up For Your Rights (1977)
Nick Curto – Interview (2006)
New Freedom – Come Out Come Out (1976)
John Day – Unity and More in 1984 (1984)*
Jimmy Worm Interview Comments (2006)
Jimmy Worm – Stonewall (1995)
Jimmy Worm – I Pledge/The Rainbow Striped Banner (1996)
Diverse Harmony – Our World (2004)
Ted Fox – Sink or Swim (1992)*
Bophadem – I’m Ready (1997)*
Ted Fox – Positive (2005)*
Billy Murray – How’d You Like to Spoon With Me (1906)
Jerry Jenkins & His Band of Angels – A Good Man Is Hard to Find (2000)
Jerry Jenkins & His Band of Angels – Johnny (2000)*
Johnny Delgada – Wir Zwei, Wir Sind Nicht Wie Die Andern (1970)*

Megan Mullally – Lonely at the Top (2002)*
Hank Baron – Asking the Road (1977)
Hank Baron – Ride ‘Em Cowboy (1977)*
Ned Sublette – Cowboys Are Frequently Secretly Fond of Each Other (1981)*
Robert German song comment (2006)*
Robert German – Marboro Man (2006) *
Corday – Redneck Lesbo (2006) *
Rae Spoon – Don’t Turn on Me (2005)*
Topp Twins – Country Music (2005)*
Ron Morris – Speak True (2005)*
Ron Morris song comment (2006)*
Ron Morris – My Boyfriend’s Back (2005)*
Richard Cortez – Craving Something Beautiful  (2005)*
Ralph Gorgolione – I Was a Teenage Homo (1998)*
Teresa Mauney – Mary’s Naturally (1988)*
Williams Brothers – Secretly (1973)
Williams Brothers – Don’t Look Now (1993)
kd lang – Secret Love (1996)
* = on internet show only

The segment is heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), as the second hour of "Queer Voices,"
which is on Monday evenings, 8-10 pm, CST. And I'm very pleased that the
station also netcasts, at http://www.kpft.org/.

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, www.kpft.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle