[OutVoice] Song contest

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Tue Jun 20 16:19:26 CDT 2006

Win a share of over $3000 in prizes in song contest

Entries are now being accepted for the Ninth Annual North Carolina
Songwriter's Co-op Song Contest. Songwriters, send us two of your best songs along with
our application and a small entry fee. You could win a share of $3000 in
prizes including a year’s membership from TAXI, merchandise from the Music Loft,
cash, future gigs and much more. New this year – enter on line with Sonic Bids.
Get more info at www.ncsongwriters.org/contest or write to us at PO Box 335,
Carrboro, NC, 27510.

Any genre of song is welcome. You don't have to be a resident of North
Carolina. Final deadline is September 30. Finalists must be available to perform at
our finals event on November 11 at the ArtsCenter in Carrboro, NC. Find the
rest of our guidelines at our website.

This year’s judges include Joe Swank (Yep Roc Records, The Zen Pirates), Tess
Mangum Ocaña (ArtsCenter), Janet Stolp (former winner), Grayson Currin (Music
Editor, The Independent), plus more to be announced.

Last year we received entries from all over the world. Eight finalists
performed for a full house at the ArtsCenter.

"Winning the NC Songwriter's Co-op Song Contest was a much needed affirmation
at just the right time in my life" -- Jonathan Byrd, 2000 winner

"The people of the North Carolina Songwriter’s Co-op were so welcoming and
nice, it made the whole experience a lot of fun. “ – Sonya Lorelle, 2005 winner

A very special thanks to our fabulous sponsors: TAXI, Indie-Music.com,
www.SongU.com, The Music Loft, Sonic Bids, GigLight, Indie Bible, Intellitouch
Tuners, Music Loft, Sonic Bids, Goldhat Music, The Independent, Nightsound
Recording Studio, Tara Labs, Singer&Musician Magazine, Songwriter's Hook Book,
SingOut!, Dirty Linen and GHS Strings.