[OutVoice] NYC ANTI GAY VIOLENCE RALLY INFO

CScandelle at aol.com CScandelle at aol.com
Sun Jun 18 23:36:22 CDT 2006

Hey LGBT Family,

I've gotten a lot of letters requesting info on the Anti Violence Gay
March/Rally and Kevin Aviance tribute....

I'm sorry I couldn't answer all of your letters this weekend as I've been
stuck in "retail hell" paying the bills...

Here's a copy of the Scandelle MySpace blog that I posted later that  day!

Hope this helps...

BE HAPPY BE SAFE BE YOU!

ALL MY LOVE,

SCANDELLE

Hey  ALL,

Thanks for the kind letters of love and support for all of us here  in NYC
during this challenging time...

Just to let you all know that our  ANTI GAY VIOLENCE rally and march was
successful!

It was well attended.  Some of your favorite GLBT Out performers were
there... including "Gay Pimp"  star Johnny McGovern - from one of my all time
favorite Gay movies "Broken  Hearts Club" star singer song writer and a real
sweetheart "Billy Porter", NYC  Legend Michael "Formika" Jones, DJs Jon Jon Battles,
and DJ Tennessee, Drag star  and Rally organizer Hedda Lettuce (VERY PROUD OF
HER-SHE DID AN AMAZING JOB AS  HOST/MC) Drag star legends "Sweetie" & "Sherry
Vine",Out music chairperson  and friend Ed Mannix, Porn Mega Star Michael Lucas
and Will Clark, My good  friend and buddy superstar DJ Randy Bettis, The Ones
singing sensation and my  old high school friend "Paul Alexander".

Special shout out to a friend  and music superstar ARI GOLD for making his
powerful presence known and for  giving us his words of wisdom , hope and
inspiration!

And the HUNDREDS OF  BRAVE PEOPLE FROM THE LGBT COMMUNITY AND OUR FRIENDS AND
FAMILY THAT CAME OUT TO  SHOW THEIR LOVE AND STRENGTH!!!

SPECIAL SHOUT OUT TO THE INCREDIBLE 70  YEAR OLD WOMAN THAT WALKED THE ENTIRE
MARCH IN THE HOT NYC SUN WITH HER  "WALKER" --  "A TRUE HUMANITARIAN" - WHO
KNOWS THE MEANING OF THE WORDS  LOVE THY BROTHER AND SISTERS I WILL ALWAYS
REMEMBER HER ...

I am also  very happy to report that our HERO of the day "KEVIN AVIANCE" made
a brave  appearance and actually was able to show up in makeup and speak a
little in  spite of the pain he must be in...

CAN'T KEEP A GOOD QUEEN DOWN  BABY!

It brought me to tears to see him like that! But I'm telling you-  he truly
represents of the strength and power that lies in our community  and his
message of awareness and LOVE CONQUERS ALL was on point! He is going  make a full
and speedy recovery and is grateful to everyone for their continued  love and
support!

We must not  forget the other three victims that  were also brutalized later
that week in separate incidents of assault/hate crime  also here in NYC and
Queens!

We marched proudly for all!!!

And as  pride comes forward with more events etc. I still want to reinforce
the need for  all of us to look after one another and to keep our eyes and ears
open and alert  as possible while we continue to celebrate our lives .

Also please be  sure to go to www.kevinavianceworld.com and make a donation
to help him get  through this ordeal with love, support and dignity. He
deserves all of our  support!

I will be posting information later this week with names and  contact
information of organizations that are set up to help and support victims  of hate
crimes throughout the country.

And even though I see that it is  costing me some "fans" I WILL CONTINUE TO
POST INFORMATION OF THIS SORT IN THE  HOPES THAT IT WILL HELP SAVE LIVES!!!!!

THERE IS MORE TO CELEBRATING  PRIDE THAN PARADES AND PIER DANCES.... SORRY IF
THAT PISSES SOME PEOPLE  OFF...

I'M JUST BEING ME.

ALL OF MY  LOVE,

SCANDELLE