[OutVoice] Demonstration for Kevin Aviance

Zecca Esquibel zecca at erols.com
Thu Jun 15 16:40:49 CDT 2006

Hey OutVoices,
    Just thought I'd pass this on for those of you who can make it.

Peace and Love,
  Zecca

Dear Friends:

I know I share the outrage that many of you feel about the recent gay
bashing and brutal attack on legendary performer Kevin Aviance. The
attack occurred this past Saturday night at 14th Street and 1st avenue
in NYC. Kevin sustained a broken jaw, among other injuries, and was
released from the hospital on Monday. Let's speak out against
anti-LGBT violence. Please join us for a demonstration this Saturday,
June 17th at 5 PM sharp at the corner of 14th Street and 1st Avenue.
<>      I know it's asking a lot, but if you could please forward this
email to those LGBT-friendly persons on your email lists, I would be
greatful.

Please come out this Saturday to the cite of the attack. To my
knowledge, no witnesses have yet come forward. Increasing the visibility
of this event at the cite of the attack may encourage witnesses to come
forward. The demonstration is great way to show your support for Kevin,
and express LGBT pride/solidarity.

If you plan to attend, please email me, so that I have an idea of how
many people are coming.

Thanks much,

Tony Frankenberg, LCSW