[OutVoice] Kevin Aviance, fellow brother of the GLBT music scene, attacke...

Robert Anton playanton at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 11 22:29:59 CDT 2006

This story really bothered me, especially the youth of the offenders.  I just don't understand it. Yes, there needs to be some awarenesses(sic) raised.  If statistics
  are true, at least one of these boys is gay/bisexual and perpetrating to fit in.

  This is 2006 in one of the most liberal cities in America.  It should not be happening here or anywhere!!!

  What can I do to help?

  Robert Anton

"adamjosephmusic.com" <adam at adamjosephmusic.com> wrote:
  I went to see Kevin in the Hospital today. He is in
good spirits despite this tragedy. He is going to be
released tomorrow and will have a press conference
upon his exiting the hospital. I think we need to do a
show or something to display our admiration for Kevin
and his courage and to help raise awareness of the
hate crimes that have been happening in NYC. The
police said that this type of thing has happened in
the east village multiple times but this is the first
time that any of the offenders have been caught.

I think the worst part of this whole incident is the
fact that people saw it happening but did not
intervene (out of fear or shock or whatever). We need
to stand up against this type of outrageous behavior
and do something about it. We need to be ready to
defend ourselves.

As a community we need to pull together and raise
awareness of these hate crimes and make NYC a safe
place for the GLBT community.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Adam Joseph