[OutVoice] June is Rubber-Month!

Gordon P. Smith gosmith at nyc.rr.com
Thu Jun 8 09:19:00 CDT 2006

Dear Rubber Friends,

Rubberlegs is very happy to be as involved as we are, with LGBT Pride month!
We have three shows over the next two weekends, and lots of news for you.

1. OUTMUSIC AWARDS 2006 AND NOMINATION
2. PRIDE IN THE ARTS FESTIVAL
3. NYC PRIDE RALLY IN BRYANT PARK
4. THE TIMINATOR RETURNS FROM MANUFACTURING
5. RUBBERLEGS ON iTUNES

1. OUTMUSIC AWARDS 2006 AND NOMINATION

We've been nominated for an Outmusic Award, for "Outstanding New Recording
Duo or Group": http://www.outmusic.com/oma2006/nominees/index.html#duo. This
is for the brand-new maxi-single EP, The Timinator :: Boyfriends, Volume 1,
and we couldn't be more pleasantly surprised. Come help us celebrate as we
perform at the OMA Nominees Showcase this Saturday, at Crash Mansion. We'll
be the second band in a lineup of 14, so come early! For those watching
carefully, Gordon will be bringing out a surprise guest on The Timinator.

OMA Nominees Showcase
Saturday, June 10th, 7:00 - 9:30 PM
Crash Mansion
199 Bowery, at Spring St.
New York, NY
(212) 982-0740
http://www.crashmansion.com <http://www.crashmansion.com/>

The actual awards show, aka the OMAs, takes place the next day. Will
Rubberlegs win? Check http://www.outmusic.com/oma2006 for more information.

Outmusic Awards
Sunday, June 11th, 2:30 - 5:00 PM
The Knitting Factory, main stage
74 Leonard St. (btwn. Church and Broadway)
New York, NY
(212) 219-3132
http://www.knittingfactory.com <http://www.knittingfactory.com/>

2. PRIDE IN THE ARTS FESTIVAL

The Stonewall Society is having its first "Pride in the Arts" outdoor
festival, and we're traveling to Walton, West Virginia to play and be part
of the festivities. We'll be joining our exquisite host Len Rogers, plus
Robert Urban, Roger Kuhn, Terry Christopher and other friends and
performers, for a great musical weekend in the country!

Stonewall Society's Pride in the Arts Festival
Friday, June 16th and Saturday, June 17th
Longfork Campgrounds
Walton, WV
(888) 598-2267
http://www.prideinthearts.com <http://www.prideinthearts.com/>

3. NYC PRIDE RALLY IN BRYANT PARK

We'll be rushing back from West Virginia to help kick off New York City's
2006 LGBT Pride Rally! Come see us play Lawnchairs and The Timinator live --
it's free fun in the sun!

The Rally: Pride Starts Here!
Sunday, June 18th, 2006, 2pm-6pm
Bryant Park (42nd Street and 6th Avenue)
http://www.hopinc.org/events/rally.cfm

4. THE TIMINATOR SNEAKS BACK FROM MANUFACTURING

Thanks to the awesome folks at Disc Makers, we now have 1000+ shiny new
shrink-wrapped copies of The Timinator :: Boyfriends, Volume 1. Make sure
you get yours at one of our events, and pick up the T-shirt too if you don't
have it already!

The Timinator is also available on our CD Baby page,
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/rubberlegs, where Jed Ryan's wonderful review is
reproduced in full.

5. RUBBERLEGS ON iTUNES

Our CDs are now in iTunes, where you can preview tracks and purchase
individual downloads:

Rubberlegs: Leg Warmers Reheated

<http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=1732
6113>
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=17326
113

Rubberlegs: The Timinator :: Boyfriends, Vol. 1 (maxi-single EP)

<http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=1263
16163>
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=12631
6163

That's it for now! We hope to see you a lot this Summer!

Rubber-hugs,
Peg, Bun and Ant

Gordon P. Smith
RUBBERLEGS
2006 Outmusic Award nominee for
"Outstanding New Recording Duo or Group"
 <http://www.rubberlegs.com/> http://www.rubberlegs.com
 <http://www.rubberlegs.com/> http:// <http://www.myspace.com/rubberlegs>
myspace.com/rubberlegs