[OutVoice] Nashville, TN: "Estrada impressed by Clarksville Pride"

TheChorusBoy at aol.com TheChorusBoy at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 22:53:33 CDT 2006

Church Street Freedom Press

ESTRADA  IMPRESSED BY CLARKSVILLE PRIDE
Jade Esteban Estrada Gets a T-Shirt

Photo by Daniel W. Torres

June 29, 2006

Read it online:
http://churchstreetfreedompress.com/archive_pdf_files/csfp_06_29_06.pdf

I own a Pride T-shirt from just about every Pride event in the world. I'm
running out of  space in my closets. Some of them I've never worn and some I love
to wear for a variety of reasons.

But the main reason I hold on to them really is for the memories. Some shirts
make me smile (one of them reminds me of the first time I met Margaret
Cho...). Others make me roll my eyes (remember that time CeCe Peniston had a fit
backstage...) and shake my head.

But everyone can remember they're first big Pride event. Whether it's New
York, West Hollywood, San Francisco or World Pride, showing your true colors for
the first time stamps an impression in a person's mind that will last forever.
My first Pride is far behind me. But every now and then, I stumble upon a
Pride that for me produces the true meaning of remembering Stonewall.This year,
Clarksville Pride 2006 made it to my #1.

The staff and volunteers of Clarksville Pride worked like bees the day of the
event and created rainbow magic. But it would be a huge remiss if I did not
recognize the phenomenal team at the Church Street Freedom Press for not just
sponsoring the event, but for taking an active role in organizing some of the
talent and entertainers for the event of which I was one, donating advertising
space and arranging the printing of the Pride Guides. Freedom Press and
Clarksville Pride did not just put together another Pride event that day-they broke
new ground in the state of Tennessee.

I own a T-shirt from just about every Pride event in the world. But my
Clarksville Pride T-shirt will long take me back to the time I helped my friends
make history.

— Jade Esteban Estrada
http://www.getjaded.com