[OutVoice] July 2006 featured player RACHELL WILLHITE on GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Tue Jul 4 12:30:55 CDT 2006

Meet GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE's JULY 2006 "Featured Player of the Month" -
RACHELL WILLHITE -

Guitarist Rachelle Willhite says she grew up as the "All American boy" near
Detroit. That can mean many different things to different people, but to
Rachelle, it was just the beginning of her music and her journey towards finding the
real person she was meant to be.

 She started playing guitar at age 8 after watching Thin Lizzy on TV. She
lists her first major musical influence as being Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes.

 In the early 1990s, Rachelle did what a lot of musicians did...moved to
Nashville, Tennessee. It was there that she came to terms with being
transgendered.   And there she co-founded jazz/rock band COSMONAUT BOB with bass player
DeGroff. The band released one CD, "Return From Reality", in 2002. CB can also be
heard on the Transgender Music Society Compilation Volume 1.

 "I consider my music a mix of Ted Nugent, Frank Zappa, King Crimson, and
smooth jazz,"

 Read our exclusive interview with RACHELL WILLHITE at:
http://roberturban.com/gayguitaristsworldwide.html

luv

robert urban - moderator
GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gayguitarists
URBAN PRODUCTIONS, NYC
2006 "Outmusician of the Year" OMA Award
www.roberturban.com
www.myspace.com/roberturban

Crank it up - our time has come! Worldwide internet group for
gay-lesbian-bi-transgender electric & acoustic guitarists, bassists and players of all akin
stringed instruments. GLBT-friendly musicians & fans also welcome. Not limited
to guitarists! - All kinds & levels of players, from students to pros, are
welcome. Find musicians, gigs, jams, tour accomodations, private instruction,
recording & performance tips. Make new musical friends. Share & discuss guitar
techniques, amps, effects, guitar models, great guitarists. Post pics & create
photo albums of yer fav guitars, yer fav pics of yerself, or yer fav gtr godz.
Check out all the cool guitar & music related info in our LINKS, FILES &
PHOTOS sections. Homepage photo rotates as we feature a different glbt player each
month.