[OutVoice] QMH for Monday, Jan 23rd, 9pm CST...6th Anniversary Show!

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun Jan 22 14:59:57 CST 2006

Hello, Outsters,
   I can hardly believe this is my 6th Anniversary Show, and I'm pleased to
celebrate with a very fun interview with Levi Kreis. I got him to talk about
his appearance on The Apprentice, his escaping from an ex-gay program, and later
an abusive lover, what drives his songwriting, and his movie work. And you'll
be able to tell that we hit it off immediately, and there was room to even
tease him about a quirk concerning his songwriting.

Of course I start the show with some very worthy queer music history with
music by Yer Girlfriend, Bill Folk and Larry Paulette.

Playlist
Yer Girlfriend - We Wont Be Silent (1989)
Yer Girlfriend Medley -
             Ballad of Kevin / She's Not Somebody's Wife / Take Another Step
             Dyketime / L-Word / Lez-B-Bop / Xtra Bedroom Blues / Fairness
Bill Folk - We Are Here (1981)
Bill Folk - Man Lovin', Lovin' Man (1991)
Bill Folk - Looking For Mr. Right (1991)
Larry Paulette - Take Me Home With You (1974)
Larry Paulette - What Makes a Man a Man (1977)
Larry Paulette - Silhouettes (1974)
Interview with Levi Kreis:
Levi Kreis - With You (2005) *
Levi Kreis - Nothing Can Be Everything (2005) *
Levi Kreis - Stained Glass Window (2002) *
Levi Kreis - Queer Boy (2002)
Levi Kreis - Hardly a Hero (2005)
Levi Kreis - I Should Go (2005)
Levi Kreis - Man Outta Me (2005)
Levi Kreis - Love In Another Light (2005)
 * = on internet show only

The segment is heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), as the second hour of "Queer Voices"
(which is on Monday evenings, 7-9 pm, CST. And I'm very pleased that the
station also netcasts, at http://www.kpft.org/.

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, www.queervoices.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle