[OutVoice] Pride On Screen 2005: the year's most memorably queer - and more!

TWORadio at aol.com TWORadio at aol.com
Sun Jan 1 23:04:13 CST 2006

             = = = = = H A P P Y     N E W     Y E A R ! = = = = =
      To listen to this week's "This Way Out" copy/paste into your browser:
          www.planetout.com/support/media.html?file=/two/two20060102.rm
               or click on the PlanetOut link at www.thiswayout.org
[our current show is usually up by Wednesday nights US Pacific Time each week]
   or check thiswayout.org for our 150+ local broadcast station affiliates
                            The week of 1/2/06 on
                          T H I S    W A Y    O U T
   (hosted this week by Greg Gordon and produced with Lucia Chappelle)
  From "Walk On Water", "Gay Sex in the 70s" and "Capote" to "Mysterious
 Skin", "Transamerica" and "Brokeback Mountain", Steve Pride has copious
clips and comments by many of filmmakers themselves as he reviews the most
memorable queer moments on big and small screens during the past 12 months
                                    in
                          "Pride On Screen 2005"

* Dim the house lights and pass the popcorn!  From "Côte d'Azur", "Unveiled",
"Walk On Water", "Gay Sex In The 70s", and "Loggerheads" to "The Dying Gaul",
"Mysterious Skin", "Transamerica", "Capote", and "Brokeback Mountain" -- and
lots more in between -- our award-winning entertainment reporter STEVE PRIDE
recalls some of the most memorable queer moments on big and small screens
during the past 12 months (with copious clips and comments by many of the filmmake
rs themselves) in "PRIDE ON SCREEN 2005".
           [www.PrideOnScreen.com].
[Our regular format, including "NewsWrap", resumes next week.]
"This Way Out" is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit under the corporate name
of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.).
Some "This Way Out" operating expenses are funded through direct
tax-deductible charitable donations from our listeners -- thank you!
==> Please visit www.thiswayout.org to learn how *you* can help keep "This
Way Out" on the air.
And thanks to the StoneWall Society you can still bid on some terrific items
in an online auction to benefit "This Way Out" -- look for our area at
www.alternabid.com.
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning
internationally distribed weekly gay and lesbian radio newsmagazine.
The program currently airs on over 150 local community radio stations around
the world, via satellite in the U.S. on the Public Radio Satellite System and
Pacifica's KU band, "Down Under" through distribution by the Community
Broadcasting Association of Australia's ComRadSat, globally via the A-INFOS Internet
Project at www.radio4all.net and Pacifica's Audioport, and on audio CD from
the producers.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out" online on PlanetOut.com,
on short wave via Costa Rica-based global station RFPI (Radio For Peace
International/www.rfpi.org), across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific
regions on the World Radio Network (www.wrn.org), and on audio CD by
individual subscription.
For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit
www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to P.O. Box 38327, Los Angeles, CA
90038-0327.
************** Thank you for supporting "This Way Out"! ***************