[OutVoice] Questions for artists using iTunes and myspace, please...

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sun Feb 26 09:54:15 CST 2006

Hi from Houston,
    I recently suggested to an artist friend that he upload some of his older
material onto iTunes, as I had gotten requests from listeners wanting to
obtain his songs after I featured him on my show/site. He has no CDs currently
available and I figured this would be a way to get his music to people. He wrote
back saying he was kind of tech-challenged and asked if I knew how to go about
that. Well, as I'm just on the consumer end of iTunes, I had no idea.

Can some of you folks post to the list your own feelings about
that....ie....how hard is it technically? is it a good idea? any problems with iTunes and
how they administer your account? would you recommend it for someone who is not
financially at a point where they can have CDs made?....etc, etc.....

and, also, I'm a relatively new member of myspace, and enjoy it, and have
discovered a few artists new to me there.....how do y'all who have your music on
it feel about the site? Has it helped your sales? exposure? any negative
aspects?

Thanks, just stuff I've been curious about...

And, let me get in another plug for my OutRadio site....and offer a
thought....with the exception of about one or two shows listed there, none of us do
this for a living, it's all volunteer work (because we love doing it), but we do
Not have unlimited personal budgets and just cannot afford to buy every CD all
of you put out, even if we knew the new CD existed (and often we don't). So
we depend on you sending them to us....if we don't have 'em, well, we can't
play 'em...Thanks!.....:)

http://www.outradio.com

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, www.queervoices.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle