[OutVoice] FCC Bleeping

TsunamiInc at aol.com TsunamiInc at aol.com
Thu Aug 31 16:32:16 CDT 2006

I've seen this issue from both sides, as a DJ and as an artist. I did play
one song on the air that had four letter words and just cut the volume, as JD
suggested. It's hard though and like him, I had to really like the song. I don't
know if I would play a bleeped version. I'd be paranoid about using the right
version.

One of my own songs has a few four letter words. I've tried singing with
substitutions but really, it just doesn't have the same impact. When I record this
song I'll simply include a note to DJs that says it has the word and they
won't play it. There'll be 12 other songs they can play so I'm not worried.

Damn FCC. None of this should matter.

Jamie

Jamie Anderson
singer-songwriter-parking lot attendant
touring nationally for 19 years
www.jamieanderson.com

In a message dated 8/31/2006 5:27:16 PM Eastern Daylight Time,