[OutVoice] Morristown, NJ: Jade Esteban Estrada @ GAAMC

TheChorusBoy at aol.com TheChorusBoy at aol.com
Wed Aug 16 14:21:22 CDT 2006

"You think that because I wear men's clothes that I must be a child of Satan.
But these clothes fit my role and my mission. If I am to serve the King in
arms I must wear garments appropriate to that end."
--Joan of Arc

Comedy Central star Jade Esteban Estrada returns to Morristown breaking
culture barriers with his "hilarious and poignant" transgender history show, "
TransWorld!"

Actor/Singer Jade Esteban Estrada reignites Stonewall diva Sylvia Rivera in
TransWorld! The Transgender History of the World. Photo by TIFFY THOMAS.

What: TransWorld! The Transgender History of the World
A Solo Musical Comedy

Who: Starring Jade Esteban Estrada (Comedy Central, HBO)

Where: GAAMC located at Morristown Unitarian Fellowship at 19 Normandy
Heights Road in Morristown, New Jersey

When: 7:30 p.m. Monday, August 21, 2006. Doors open at 6:45 p.m.

Info: Tickets at $15
For reservations/information email tickets at gaamc.org
Wheelchair accessible
Running time: 65 Minutes. No intermission.

This performance is brought to you by the Gay Activist Alliance of Morris
County and Vicarious Productions.

About Jade Esteban Estrada: Out Magazine calls him "the first gay Latin
star," NBC News calls him "America's Prince of Pride" and he was named 2005
Performance Artist of the Year. Estrada has broken barriers within the Latino and
LGBT communities with his hypnotic Latin dance music and his socially relevant
and well-received solo theatre shows.

In televison, Estrada has appeared on "The Graham Norton Effect" on Comedy
Central, "In the Life" on PBS and has hosted the National Puerto Rican Day
Parade for HBO Latino three years in a row and has recently signed for his fourth
year which will air in 2007. Estrada is currently on location in Texas shooting
the film "The Bad Singer" directed by Theadora Grey which will debut at film
festivals around the world in 2007.

About the show: "TransWorld! The Transgender History of the World" is
Estrada's fifth one-man show and a spin-off to his ICONS Trilogy. The production
debuted at University of California at Berkeley in November 2005. Estrada visits
the lives of Joan of Arc, We Wah, Gertrude Stein, Christine Jorgenson, Sylvia
Rivera, Brandon Teena and RuPaul. The show is slated to headline the
Transgender Conference in April 2007 in Philadelphia.

For more information visit the following websites:
http://www.getjaded.com
http://www.iconsofhistory.com
http://www.myspace.com/jadeinamerica
http://www.cdbaby.com/jadeestrada