[OutVoice] Gay Guitarists Worldwide features songwriter/activist SANDY RAPP

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 08:06:55 CDT 2006

Meet GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE's featured player for August 2006 - SANDY RAPP.

"A perfect blend of personable, upbeat performance style and no-nonsense GLBT
cultural activism.   At our recent Urban Productions NYC Benefit for
S.A.G.E., SANDY RAPP charmed the pants of the audience with lovely, pared down
acoustic versions of popular big-band era classics.   She had everyone clapping,
dancing and singing along. In the realm of politics, Sandy's Stonewall Rebellion
era experience and many other GLBT activist accomplishtments qualify her as a
queer national treasure to us all." - RU

Read GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE's exclusive interview with SANDY at:
www.roberturban.com/gayguitaristsworldwide.html

Sandy Rapp is an author, singer-songwriter, guitarist and grassroots activist
who recounted her battles with the religious right in the book God's Country:
A Case Against Theocracy: The Haworth Press; 1991.

Her best known songs are "Remember Rose: A Song For Choice," about the first
back-street abortion fatality of the Medicaid-Abortion cutoff in 1977 (all
editions of this piece feature a guest vocal by the late Congresswoman Bella
Abzug) and "Everyone Was At Stonewall," a gay history originally written for
police sensitivity training.

Rapp was instrumental in the passage of a number of gay civil rights laws and
policies on Long Island, NY. Her CDs, which sing of these and other issues,
include We The People, Flag The Rainbow, Still Marchin' and Salute to the
Veteran Feminists

luv -

robert urban - founder
GAY GUITARISTS WORLDWIDE
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gayguitarists
URBAN PRODUCTIONS, NYC
www.roberturban.com
www.myspace.com/roberturban
2006 "Outmusician of the Year" OMA Award