[OutVoice] ..ch-ch-ch-changes, and other "QueerWaves" stuff

CAGETAYLOR at aol.com CAGETAYLOR at aol.com
Sat Apr 29 19:02:16 CDT 2006

Dear Outsters--
First, let me apologize to anyone who's tried to get some kind of  commitment
from me recently regarding interviews and such lately. That might  continue
for another month or so--KOOP has lined up a new location, and if  you've ever
tried to make a move on this scale you'll understand that you just  don't know
when you'll receive the word, "We're moving this weekend." I'm not  sure if
the move would result in time off the air, and I'd rather not have to  cancel a
phone call or studio visit. Things should be back to normal in  June..

However, "normal" is changing too. Next week is "QueerWaves" last at 430pm
to 6pm Central Time. As of May 13, you'll be able to catch  "QueerWaves" on
91.7fm KOOP Austin Texas (or on our webstream at _http://www.koop.org_
(http://www.koop.org) ) from 3pm to 4pm Saturdays.

You might notice we're going from 90 minutes to an hour. This is a change I
requested. KOOP is run by volunteers, and one of the ways we programmers "pay"
 for airtime is by participating in volunteer activities. Since my heart
attack a  while back, I've been finding myself wanting more "me" time. The
volunteer hours  I need to complete to order to "earn" an hour a week fits where I am
right now.  Expect more Queer Concentrated content for the show.

And yes, while I was waiting for final word on my place in the new  schedule,
I was even more reluctant to plan interviews and the like. I wasn't  sure
when "QueerWaves" would be, so I couldn't make plans for interviews or  visits.
Heck, I'll be honest--if the new date and time created a hassle, I might  not
have been able to continue my involvement with the show at all. But I love  my
new time slot. Heck, I'll even be able to record my show! (Ever try to find a
90 minute tape, much less a 90 minute disc?)

I'm proud to continue on KOOP's award-winning Saturday's schedule, and I
invite anyone who listens to "QueerWaves" to check out the rest of the
day--heck, with our new schedule, check out all of KOOP's fine programs. After  all,
when ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY declared that KOOP was one of the reasons to  listen
to radio on the Internet, they must have been on to something, right? So  look
up _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org)  this week to find  out the new
schedule--and why not add KOOP to your MySpace Friends?

Man, my weekly playlists aren't NEARLY this long..

Love, Taylor

"QueerWaves"--Taylor Cage, host and producer
A showcase for glbt  and just plain queer musicians and their music
On Saturdays, 3pm to 4pm  Central time
91.7fm KOOP  Austin TX
Live Webcasts, Schedules, Playlists and more
@ _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org/)
Studio Phone:  1-888-915-5667(KOOP)

Please send promotional material to:
Taylor  Cage