[OutVoice] ..the last of the Spring Membership Drive, and other notes from Austin

CAGETAYLOR at aol.com CAGETAYLOR at aol.com
Sun Apr 23 08:27:45 CDT 2006

Dear Outsters--
Well, we wound up our Spring Membership Drive on "QueerWaves" with some
folks to thank and some music to play. Joined by the lovely and talented Dennis
of KOOP's "Adventures in Sound," we barely touched some of the great new tunes
that have come this way--I promise we'll have a real New Releases Show on May
 6th. There was so much to note and so much to say..anyway, if you had your
radios tuned to 91.7fm KOOP Austin TX around 430pm Saturday or had your
browsers  connected to _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org)  instead,  here's
what you'd have heard..

(It's Texas' karmic payback for Enron..our own rolling blackout..)
ALLETTE BROOKS/"Rolling Blackout"/Swim with Me
(In honor of June..)
POINTER SISTERS/"Going Down Slowly"/Yes We Can Can: The Best of the Blue
Thumb Recordings
(For Earth Day..)
ARTHUR LOVES PLASTIC/"Revolution"/Klondyke 5
THE B-52s/"Revolution Earth"/Good Stuff
The New Stuff:
TORTOISE AND BONNY "PRINCE" BILLY/"Some Say (I Got Devil)"/The Brave and  the
Bold
JANIS IAN/"My Autobiography"/Folk is the New Black
RACHAEL SAGE/"Featherwoman"/The Blistering Sun (Thanks to Rachael and  MPress
Records for their support for "QueerWaves" and KOOP!)
DARLING NEW NEIGHBORS/"Grocery"/Every Day is Saturday Night
RUBBERLEGS/"People Who Talk In Elevators (live)"/Boyfriends, Volume 1: The
Timinator
LIMP WRIST/"We Started This Band To Get Dates"/Thee Limp Wrist Discography
(They'll be in Austin next month!)
ATOMIC SWINDLERS/"Into The Strange"/CD EP
MY LIFE WITH THE THRILL KILL KULT/"Freaky Fever (Radio Edit)"/Gay, Black,
and Married
HOUSTON BERNARD/"Str8 Act'n (Radio Edit)"/Whores Have More Fun (He'll be in
town next month too..oh, my!)
ANDREW SUVALSKY/"Love Is Alive (Club Anthem Mix)"/Love is Alive:  Remixes

NEXT WEEK: It'll be Jim with a great episode of "Passport."
NEXT NEXT WEEK: A for-real New Releases show..
In the meantime, stay tuned this week for some news about  "QueerWaves."
Love, Taylor

"QueerWaves"--Taylor Cage, host and producer
A showcase for glbt  and just plain queer musicians and their music
On Saturdays, 430pm to 6pm  Central Time
91.7fm KOOP Austin TX
Live Webcasts, Schedules, Playlists and  more
@ _http://www.koop.org_ (http://www.koop.org/)
Studio Phone:  1-888-915-5667(KOOP)

Please send promotional material to:
Taylor  Cage