[OutVoice] QMH for Monday Apr 24th, 9pm CST..Those Singing Drag Queens, Part 2

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Apr 22 12:24:42 CDT 2006

Hello, Outsters,
   Yes, on QMH this time I'm back with Part 2 of "Those Singing Drag Queens."
Last month I covered from the 20's up through the mid-80s, and this time it's
the last 20 years, so there's surely to be many more names you know. And
again, my internet version is a whopping 3 hours, featuring:

Part 1
RuPaul – Supermodel (1992)
RuPaul – Ping Ting Ting (1987, in background)
RuPaul Medley:
    Strudelmodel (1993)
    Free to Be (1995)
    Back to My Roots (1993)
    If You Were a Woman, and I Were a Man (1996)*
    Snapshot (1996)
    It’s Raining Men, the Sequel (1998, with Marsha Wash) *
    Don’t Go Breaking My Heart (1994, with Elton John)*
    RuPaul the Red-Nosed Reindeer (1997)
    Love Is Love (2004)
    Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous (2004)
Lou Reed – Walk on the Wild Side
Holly Woodlawn – Tell Him (1986)
Pussy Tourette – I Think He’s Gay (1993)
Pussy Tourette – Brand New Day (2006)*
Lady Bunny – Shame Shame Shame (1996)
Joey Arias – Them There Eyes (1995, with Lady Bunny intro)
Mistress Formika – Fight For Your Right To Be Queer (1995)*
Joey Arias & Sherry Vine – All That Jazz (1999)*
Sherry Vine – The Lady Is A Tramp (1999)*
Tina C – I’m Tina C (1997)
Tina C – I Thought I Left You (What ‘Cha Doin’ Alive) (1999)
Tina C – If You Ever Hit Me (1997)*
Tina C – No Dick’s As Hard as My Life ( 2001)*
Jimmy James – 8 Divas: I Got It Bad (1999)
Jimmy James – Fashionista (2006)*
Honey West & Alexandra Billings – Fifty Percent /
   I Know Him So Well (1997)*
Honey West – All of Me (2003)*
Honey West – The Dick Dock (2003)*
Noel – It’s Just a Phase (1998)*
Way Out Girls – I’m the Leader of the Gang (1998)*

Part 2
Trinity – Sing Sing Sing (With a Swing) (1999)*
Trinity – Ding Dong the Witch is Dead (1998)*
Kevin Aviance – Home (1999)*
Kevin Aviance – Alive (2002)*
Ridiculous Theatre Company –
   Thank God He Made Me a Drag Queen (1992)
Steven Brinberg – Funny Girl (1999)
Randy Roberts – Fag Hag Blues (1999)*
Shirley Q Liquor – Bull Dagga Bar / Lesbulldaggas (2001)*
Kiki & Herb – Fox in the Snow/Holiday (2000)*
Varla Jean Merman – Reach Out and
   Touch (Somebody’s Man) (2001)
Varla Jean Merman & Kristine Zbornik –
   Enough Is Enough (2005)
Mark Alan Smith – Harper Valley PTA (2001)*
Genny Randon – I’m Your Drag Queen (2001)*
Sestre – Samo Ljubezen (2002)*
The Working Girls – If You Hold My Hand (2002)*
Courtney Act – You Shook Me All Night Long (2003)*
Della Catessen - Can't Help Lovin That Man - Am I Blue - My Man (1999)*
Scandelle – Speak Easy (2003)*
Scandelle – Just Getting Started (2005)*

Part 3
Mabel Dawn Davis – Peel Me a Grape (2003)*
Alfred Lewis – Bette Davis Eyes (2004)
Kinsey Sicks – Dragapella (2005)
Kinsey Sicks Medley:
    Group Kinsey Sicks (1999)
    Where the Goys Are (1999)
    Gay Sera Sera (1999)
    Baby Dyke (1999)
    Locked Out of the Chapel of Love (2002)
    You’re Scaring Us (2002)*
    Proud Marys (1997)*
    Rent-A-Homo (2004)*
    Gay Straight or Bi (1999)
    Kinsey Sicks Theme (1997)
Kinsey Sicks – I Will Swallow Him (1999)
Jackie Beat – From a Distance (2005)*
Jackie Beat Medley (2004):*
   Jackie Beat Theme Song
   Were You Aware I’m a Man
   Baby Got Front / Put It In Me
Hedda Lettuce – Hedda Lettuce Theme Song
Hedda Lettuce – Gimme Gimme Gimme (2004)*
Chixie Dix – Dancing Queen (2004)*
Chixie Dix – Marry Me (2004)
Nicolas Ferrer & Sade Pendarvis – Ain’t No Mountain (2004)
Yolanda – You and I (Marry Me) 2004*
Yolanda – Freedom (2002)

 * = on internet show only

And alas, those just tuning in on the radio will get the standard 58
minutes...:(

On the radio it can be heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), on the second hour of Queer
Voices,
of which I cohost. And this week in the first hour, before QMH, I'll interview
Martine Locke, worth checking out as well. The station netcasts at
http://www.kpft.org.

Thanks for listening!

JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 8-10 pm, www.queervoices.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle