[OutVoice] Terry Christopher CD update/news

Terry Christopher enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 22 09:21:08 CDT 2006

I know I am somehwat preaching to the choir with this post...but what the hell...
  I have been asked by a few friends of late how the new music is going and realized I have been so busy in the studio that I haven't sent out an update.

  So here we go....
  There are 12 songs complete and I am now in the mixing mode.  You all know what that means...it's alot of work.

  The music has been given many positive pre-release thumbs up.  Ed Mannix asked me after one Outmusic open mic where has all this power come from in my voice.  What had I been doing?  Jed Ryan noted in a review of my November 2005 gig at CBGB's Downstairs lounge that Tell Me Tell Me was delivered with "bravura" which by defintion is "Of, relating to, or being a brilliant performance technique or style", and "Brothers In Arms, Sister Soldiers" still ranks as one of my Top 10 anthems for revitalizing your gay pride...(THANKS JED!!!) MMMwah!

  The name of this new CD is....Journey of a Wordsmith.

  One week from now I'll be re-teaming with Drew Geraci, the photographer who shot Take Another Look.  That's always a fun experience to see what we come up with.  It's always a bit nerve racking at first to get the gears going and try to emulate in photography the physical image/design concept to project to the listener what the disc is about.  I probably muse over this more than most, but I have always thought that album artwork is serious business...in some ways just as important as the music it represents.

  The other hot news is that I have a killer re-mixer on board, our very own Aaron Carl.  Aaron is as most know is from Detroit and has his club thumpin' ear to the ground and finger on the pulse of clubland music.  Aaron has already mixed one of the 4 featured bonus tracks for the CD and I will simply say this...Aaron is crafting a sound that you will find a perfect match for my music and you will agree, he is KING of his craft!

  I was hoping to make this next CD a multi-media package and also include 3 music videos.  Those are coming, but will probably be in a separate yet related project.  If I wait to get those on board, this disc would take forever to produce both in terms of time and financial resources.

  We'll also be creating a whole new website for this CD!!!  The site will be chucked full of great stuff.  I have realized through  the endless support and interest of my fan base that I have a big presence and will be empowering my site through my music to not only promote my music, but also to help those of you hitting the site to discover some great organizations that have supported me, some amazing social organizations that I feel are VERY WORTHY for US to share and also a new section on artists that are BOTH amazing people and truly gifted performers.  At times, I may be send out a SHOUT asking them to send support your way.  We are also musing over a section that will be used for me to review and acknowledge artist's new works and social efforts as well.  The next site is about EMPOWERMENT, kids.

  Oh and for those that have accused me of being an Elton John, Melissa Etheridge, Freddy Mercury ( and those were the words EXACTLY) type of below the radar GAY/OUT performer who can get away with blending in...consider a change has come and as for blending in, I was nearly in a fist fight at the gym a week ago because some insane FREAK was screething at me on the floor as I was leaving, if I wanted to F*ck him because he could see I was one of those F*cking Faggot types.  That I probably wanted to F*ck, right.  But instead of beating his ass and getting his blood all over my 1000.00 leather coat and bag, I instead had him ejected from the club in seconds.  We all have our axes to grind, so perhaps we could play nicer.

  So that's it in a nutshell.
  Thanks as always for your support and keeping Take Another Look going for as long as you have.  It may not seem like alot when I reach out to you to vote for it here and there or tune in for radio interviews and air time on radio, but it really does HELP more than you can ever know.
  Here is proof...in 2003 Take Another Look ranked 7th out of the top 50 albums voted on by YOU at Outvoice.org for the year.  I was out on tour in 2004 in Europe but came back in 2005 and you helped Take Another Look re-enter the charts and place 8th out of the top 50 albums for 2005!!! It was released in 2002!  That's amazing support!  That support has been noticed by many...most importantly ME!  MMMMwah!  More to come!

  Be well!
  -TC