[OutVoice] Here's to ROGER KUHN's new "PROOF" CD & Release Party

THEMUSENYC at aol.com THEMUSENYC at aol.com
Fri Apr 21 14:57:05 CDT 2006

Hey gang -

By way of a HEADS UP! and CONGRATS! for ROGER KUHN's brand new CD "PROOF".
Roger is having his CD release party/show tomorrow - Saturday night in NYC,
and I'll be dashing back from my Hartford, CT gig to sit in on some tunes
with him   -

For those who've only heard Roger in the minimal musical setting of solo
vocal/acoustic guitar, you are in for quite the surprise treat with "PROOF".
You'll hear his voice shine thoughout a wide variety of song arrangements - from
all-out electric power rock to orchestrated strings to multi-layered vocal
choruses to sweet country/gospel to stark acoustic folk to pure a cappella.

For my part, Roger's songwriting, lyrics, voice, rhythmic groove,
musicianship and positive spirit were of great inspiration to me in producing this
wondrous 11 song album. PROOF's totally rockin' opening track - "What's Your Name?"
is, hands down, the best thing I've done since Scott Free's "The Muffin Song".

Flying all the way in from Wyoming to perform with Roger at the NYC PROOF
release party this Saturday will be the indescribably delicious, sweet-voiced
James Erickson.   When James & Roger sing together it's like hearing angels.
James's contribution on PROOF was especially magical.   Originally scheduled to
sing duet on one of Roger's original   tunes, James & Roger began the session by
warming up their voices - casually harmonizing an a cappella rendition of
Melissa Etheridge's "Sleep While I Drive".    It sounded so damn good - I quickly
set up a vocal mic, asked them to start over, turned off the lights in the
control room, lit some candles - and the rest is history.   Sung in one
impromptu single take - their a cappella "You Can Sleep While I Drive" cover was a
total keeper and is one of the singular standouts of the album.

Luckily, I also had my camera handy at the recording session, and you can see
Roger & James right after they finished singing that day at:
http://roberturban.com/newrecstudio.html

luv -

Robert Urban - PROOF producer
URBAN PRODUCTIONS, NYC