[OutVoice] Cover tunes royalty

Jay Spears jay at jayspears.com
Fri Apr 21 10:48:57 CDT 2006

On Apr 21, 2006, at 3:17 AM, Terry Christopher wrote:
> So how does that payment get reported to them?

I think we're on the honor system.

> Do they want it on a monthly basis or quarterly or after each actual
> sale?

Don't know.  Quarterly would be fine I guess though annual probably
would be okay.  Since Jamie says:

>> It's actually for every CD you manufacture and that includes any of
>> them that you give away.

it might be just as easy to pay them up front when you manufacture the
CDs.  So if you make 1000 cds x 9.1¢ = you might as well pay 'em the
$91 and be done with it.

Jay Spears
Boy Howdy!
jay at jayspears.com
http://www.jayspears.com

Not since, maybe, Randy Newman, have I heard a body of work so packed
with unique songs. -- MITCH GALLOB, Streeter Music

Los Angeles singer-songwriter Jay Spears is just the kind of troubadour
that the gay world needs. -- JASON ROUSH, Aug 28 BAY WINDOWS, "New
England's Largest Gay & Lesbian Newspaper"

BOY HOWDY is a cheering affirmation of gay love. -- JASON VICTOR
SERINUS (The New York Blade, North Carolina's Q-Notes, The Washington
Blade, The Southern Voice, San Diego Update, The Gay Outlook)