[OutVoice] [Outmusic] If you miss it you missed out

Terry Christopher enterrytainer at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 12 23:35:36 CST 2005

 Dear Kris,

First off let me say Thank You for all the opportunities you have provided me over the last few years to perform and get new material out...specifically Landshark at Hannah's, Jersey City Pride, and to drop in at the last minute at Fagapalooza for your B-day bash.  You have always been equally supportive of the GLBT music scene and providing equal opportunity/open door to anyone wanting to be presented under your efforts.  You didn't try to hand select WHO was worthy or not by your own opinion, even though this was YOUR FORUM...you just provided the platform that all GLBT artist in the NYC music scene and from out of town coming to NYC could be heard regardless of genre, style, band or tracked or a combination thereabouts. You have had multi pieced bands, acoustic and artists with tracks all equally welcomed.

Because of your efforts, I have seen growth in several artist because of your support in providing them a safe place to perform and thus evolve.  Artist going from track backing to multi piece bands, from using the multiple talents of fellow GLBT music artist that later formed and performed again because of your generous efforts.  You have welcomed each of us...be it at different levels, abilities and evolution of our craft as singer/songwriters!

Bravo to you Kris, Bravo to you!
-Terry Christopher

kmlandherr at aol.com wrote:
Hey Kids

Let me start off by saying thanks to all of you who showed up to our last
Fagapalooza shows at Siberia last night. It means the world to me that you were
there as we said farewell to my labor of love.   If you weren't able to make it
you missed out on some fine performances and what must have been the greatest
audience I've seen at Fagapalooza.   They fueled the artists as did the
artists the audience.   We witnessed a veritable symphony of musical symbiosis.

As we wrap up Fagapalooza I feel I must finally say that if you've missed out
on the opportunity to play a show with us we missed you as well.   If you've
missed out on the opportunity to see one of our shows we missed you too.

I will be taking a break from producing music events for a while though we
will still be doing our annual X-Mas fundraiser.   Selfish as it is, the warm
fuzzies I get from doing my charity events has been a gift I've given myself
every year since we first started the series.   Details coming soon.

My next few months will be about rehearsing my band and finally getting the
CD I've been threatening to release done once and for all.   After that my
focus will be gearing up as we take Fagapalooza on the road next summer.

Once again I thank all of you who've supported Fagapalooza and the LandShark!
Music Series all this time in spirit and/or performance.   Your belief in me
and the people who've helped me put the shows together through the years is
very much appreciated.   Mere words can never do justice to the joy you've
brought me.   I am especially greatful to my co-producer Troy Lambert and hostess
Charmaigne.   You'll be seeing more of them out in the performing circuit and
encourage you to attend.   You won't regret it.

Anywho - I hate notes that go on as long as this so I will wrap it up with -
Keep on fighting the good fight and making the world a gayer place one note at
a time.

Much love
Kris Landherr
www.krislandherr.com

Please use our trademark name. Outmusic, not OutMusic or Out Music. Just Outmusic! Thanks.

A full list of 2005 Outmusic Awards Honorees, Recipients and Nominees is now online at http://www.outmusic.com

NEXT OPEN MICs:
Chicago: Wednesday, November 30, 2005
Nashville: Thursday, November 23, 2005
New York: Monday, November 7, 2005

OUTMUSIC -- The LGBT Musician's Network. Making music within community AND community within music. http://www.outmusic.com.

Cd music label Label

The soul knows no bounds, but only how to fly.  The spirit knows no weight, but only how to soar.   Risk all, live your dreams, and take a bite out of a cloud.

-TC