[OutVoice] New list configuration complete

Len len at stonewallsociety.com
Tue Nov 8 13:26:26 CST 2005

Greetings OutVoice list members,
     The new list is configured and should be operating without problem at this point. If the problems arise again on this list and server I will establish the OutVoice group at Yahoo to handle future list services. If that would be a preference to list members, let me know via direct email to me,(len_r at outvoice.net)  not by reply to the list.. I avoided the Yahoo service for several reasons, privacy and registration issues being the main ones. However, your privacy can be protected there as well. And you could post photos and I can add a calendar for your dates. So if you feel the Yahoo approach is a good one, again email me and I will start that project. The major benefit to Yahoo Group service is that email sending limits would not be an issue as I understand the system. If we decide to go with Yahoo groups I will manually add all list members. All you will need to do here or at Yahoo would be edit your preferences.
    The list problems in the past were related to bounce issues and server limits on mail sends. As all servers now have established limits on sending email due to spam regulations, this may still be an issue. The current server has a cap of 200 emails per hour. So each time a post is sent we will fill that for that hour. For that reason I request:
That you post once and not post duplicate information on the same day.
That the outvoice at outvoice.net email address be in the "to" field. Place CC in the CC field.
That you respond to individuals when appropriate rather than via the list.
With regard to bounce issues. I have been adding AOL members back into the list manually for that last few months. I cannot guarantee that process in the future. So if you use an AOL address please be aware there probably will be issues. AOL bounces your posts and this creates an account closure for the list member. Manual management of this is very time consuming and tedious. I would suggest that you consider an optional email provider for list purposes. Hotmail and Yahoo are both free and should not create the same issues.
    To those who have been patient and or sent in your questions and support many thanks. You are deeply appreciated. However, some have been down right rude, hateful and inconsiderate. My reaction to that approach in the future will be a permanent ban from the list. I do this to support community, not to be bashed by inconsiderate persons with bad attitudes. I am not going to play the sympathy card here. Much has gone on in my life and business lately. Some of which was an influence in the problems. Such as server down time and complete loss of information. The personal side has been equally challenging over the last seven months. So again, thanks to those who have shown some support, patience and compassion over this time period. My apologies on the problems with the list. Please know that I will do whatever it takes to make the list functional and active. So please feel free to email at this address or len_r at outvoice.net with your feedback and or suggestions.
     I will be announcing a new feature for OutVoice artists and SWS promo members next week. This will be an exciting addition to the current services offered. We are no longer affiliated with Live365 for radio programming. Future programs and monthly chart shows will be available at www.rainbowworldradio.com. We will at this time be streaming the broadcasts. I am looking at various live alternatives. However, the streams at www.rainbowworldradio.com will be more time/listener friendly with a broader available listen time. We will continue the Pot Of Gold promotion on the new Rainbow World Radio website as well. As most interviews were pre-recorded there will be little difference as far as the listening experience. You will not have to deal with Live365 advertising or log out/block issues.
All my best,
Len Rogers
Founder
StoneWall Society
www.stonewallsociety.com

www.stonewallsociety.net
GLBT Hall Of Fame
www.glbthalloffame.com

Outvoice - Newest member of the StoneWall Society Network
www.outvoice.net
www.outvoice.org

Real GLBT Artists and Art! Shop ArtMall at www.stonewallsociety.net/ArtMall !

Support GLBT Radio! Keep "THIS WAY OUT" on the air. Live online auction to support "THIS WAY OUT"
www.alternabid.com/sites/stonewalled