[OutVoice] 8 out musicians are honored in the "Audiofile 2005 Year In Review"

TWORadio at aol.com TWORadio at aol.com
Sun Dec 25 19:19:44 CST 2005

      To listen to this week's "This Way Out" copy/paste into your browser:
          www.planetout.com/support/media.html?file=/two/two20051226.rm
               or click on the PlanetOut link at www.thiswayout.org
[our current show is usually up by Wednesday nights US Pacific Time each week]
   or check thiswayout.org for our 150+ local broadcast station affiliates
                           The week of 12/26/05 on
                          T H I S    W A Y    O U T
   (hosted this week by Greg Gordon and produced with Lucia Chappelle)
 8 openly-GLBT musicians who painted a rich mosaic of our queer lives and
                    times this year are honored in the
                     "Audiofile 2005 Year In Review":
   Scott Free, Mary Gauthier, Nadine Goellner, Eric Himan, Candye Kane,
                   Julie Loyd, RuPaul and Ben Schaefer

* CDs by eight out LGBT musicians who painted a rich mosaic of queer life and
times this year are featured in this "AUDIOFILE 2005 YEAR IN REVIEW": ERIC
HIMAN's energetic "DARK HORSE" (excerpts from "Stranded" and "White Horse"),
MARY GAUTHIER's mournfully eloquent "MERCY NOW" ("It Ain't the Wind, It's the
Rain" and the title cut), BEN SCHAEFER's intriguing debut "THE UPSTAIRS CHOIR"
("One Chance" and "Northern Parade"), NADINE GOELLNER's scat/soul/jazz-infused
"SING IT TO ME ANYWAY" ("Three Days" and "Sarah"), JULIE LOYD's gutsy folk-pop
"THE WAITING ROOM" (the title cut and "More Than I Meant To"), CANDYE KANE's
genre-bending "WHITE TRASH GIRL" (the title cut and "What Happened to the
Girl"), SCOTT FREE's heartfelt "THEY CALL ME MR. FREE" ("The Muffin Song" and
"Battle Hymn of the Intolerant"), and RUPAUL's personally political "REDHOT" ("Love
Is Love" and "Looking Good, Feeling Gorgeous") [hosted by CHRIS WILSON & JD
DOYLE and written and produced with CHRISTOPHER DAVID
TRENTHAM/www.audiofile.org].
For more information about these artists (listed in alphabetical order) log
on to their Web sites:
Scott Free - www.scottfree.net
Mary Gauthier - www.marygauthier.com
Nadine Goellner - www.nadinegoellner.com
Eric Himan - www.erichiman.com
Candye Kane - www.candyekane.com
Julie Loyd - www.julieloyd.com
RuPaul - www.rupaul.com
Ben Schaefer - www.benschaefer.com
"This Way Out" is a tax-exempt 501(c)(3) nonprofit under the corporate name
of OVERNIGHT PRODUCTIONS (INC.).
Some "This Way Out" operating expenses are funded through direct
tax-deductible charitable donations from our listeners -- thank you!
==> Please visit www.thiswayout.org to learn how *you* can help keep "This
Way Out" on the air.
And thanks to the StoneWall Society you can still bid on some terrific items
in an online auction to benefit "This Way Out" -- look for our area at
www.alternabid.com.
On the air since April 1988, "This Way Out" is the multi-award-winning
internationally distribed weekly gay and lesbian radio newsmagazine.
The program currently airs on over 150 local community radio stations around
the world, via satellite in the U.S. on the Public Radio Satellite System and
Pacifica's KU band, "Down Under" through distribution by the Community
Broadcasting Association of Australia's ComRadSat, globally via the A-INFOS Internet
Project at www.radio4all.net and Pacifica's Audioport, and on audio CD from
the producers.  Listeners can also hear "This Way Out" online on PlanetOut.com,
on short wave via Costa Rica-based global station RFPI (Radio For Peace
International/www.rfpi.org), across Europe, Africa/the Middle East, and Asia/Pacific
regions on the World Radio Network (www.wrn.org), and on audio CD by
individual subscription.
For lots of other information about "This Way Out" please visit
www.thiswayout.org, email TWOradio at aol.com, or write to P.O. Box 38327, Los Angeles, CA
90038-0327.
************** Thank you for supporting "This Way Out"! ***************