[OutVoice] QMH Xmas Music Specials, Dec 19th & 26th, 8pm CST

Jddoyle1 at aol.com Jddoyle1 at aol.com
Sat Dec 17 23:35:13 CST 2005

Hello,
   Time to announce the line up for my Queer Music Heritage Xmas Shows, and
there are two of them this year, on Monday 19th and week later on the 26th. As
always I enjoy putting them together, and this years shows incorporate
interview comments by Daniel Cartier, Mary Gauthier, Shawn Thomas and Jay Spears
about their holiday music.

And, as I'm apt to do more and more, my internet shows are a bit longer, as I
always want to squeeze more in, whether it be for those songs that I can't
quite play on the radio (Hello, Kinsey Sicks!) or ones that just didn't fit the
hour show constraint.

Check out the site for the playlist and lots of pics of the artists and
recordings, and some surprises, at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/dec2005.html

Playlist      (airdate 12/19/05)  internet show 77:00
4 Poofs & a Piano – Christmas Fairies (2005) UK
Bob Downe – Here Come the Reindeer (2000) AUS
DC Anderson – Department Stores Mean Christmas (2001)
Jeremy Gloff – Christmas Alone (2003)
Candye Kane & Country Dick Montana – Let’s Put the X Back in Christmas
(1992) *
Hedda Lettuce – Christmas 2002 *
Daniel Cartier Interview Comments (2005)
Daniel Cartier – Tomorrow Will Be Christmas (2004)
Daniel Cartier – Perfect Place for Christmas (2004)
Daniel Cartier – Jingle Bells (2004)
Chastity Bono – I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (1976)
Christian Left – Queer Christmas Wishes (1995)
Sisterfunk – This is What He Said (2003) *
Mary Gauthier Interview Comments (2005)
Mary Gauthier – Christmas In Paradise (2002)
Jay Spears Interview Comments (2005)
Jay Spears – Jay’s Christmas Song (2005)
Julian Clary – Walking In a Winter Wonderland (1993) UK
Fiely Matias – I’ll See You in Hell (a Christmas Wish) (1999)
Dame Edna – Spooky Christmas (1988) AUS
Kinsey Sicks – God Bless Ye Femmy Lesbians (2005)
Kinsey Sicks – Jingle Bells, Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell (2005)
Kinsey Sicks – Harried Little Christmas (2005) *
Kinsey Sicks – Christmas Medley (2005) *
Daniel Cartier – Auld Lang Syne (2004)

Playlist      (airdate 12/26/05)     internet show 76:02
Kinsey Sicks – Til the Season to Drink Stoli (2005)
Kinsey Sicks – I Had a Little Facial (2005)
El Vez – Dreydel Song (2002)
El Vez – I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday (2002) *
Dave Hall – Santa Claus Blues (2005)
Dave Hall – Christmas in Vermont (2005)
Cam Clarke – If These Walls (2005) *
Cam Clarke – Tennessee Christmas (2005)
Betty – Jingle Bells (1993)
Springfields – We Wish You a Merry Christmas (1961)
VonTanner – Santa Claus You’re Fat (2004)
Mike Rickard – Home for the Holidays (2004)
Dora Bryan – If I Were A Fairy (1963) UK
No You Turn – A Christmas Song (1988) *
Gerard Joling – Lonely This Christmas (1997) NL
Indigo Girls – The River (1995)
Lisa Koch – You’ll Never Melt My Heart (1995)
Shawn Thomas Interview Comments (2005)
Shawn Thomas – They Danced (2004)
Leah Zicari – Thursday in December (2003)
Ann Reed – Christmas Songs (2001)
Tom Grounds – What Are You Doing New Year’s Eve (2005) *
Cast of “Freeway Dreams” – Bette Davis Chorus (1997)
Jimmy James – Feliz Navidad (2002)
* = on internet version of show only

The segment is heard on KPFT (90.1 FM), as the second hour of "Queer Voices"
(which is on Monday evenings, 7-9 pm, CST. And I'm very pleased that the
station also netcasts, at http://www.kpft.org/.

Thanks for listening,
JD Doyle

my "Queer Music Heritage" radio show site:
http://www.queermusicheritage.com
my Outradio site:
http://www.outradio.com
and co-producer of Audiofile, the monthly
radio review of CDs of interest to the GLBT
communities, airing on over 150 stations
around the world on This Way Out.
The Audiofile site is at www.Audiofile.org
and all past Audiofile segments are archived
at http://www.queermusicheritage.com/af.html
Also co-host of Queer Voices on KPFT, every
Monday night from 7-9 pm, www.queervoices.org
and at MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/jddoyle